Light up your life with these dazzling Northern Lights earrings! Featuring sterling silver with an oxidized patina, twinkling with the captivating colours of the aurora borealis, these unique earrings will have you dreaming of the night sky. Shine on!
**Each pair is a OOAK, not two are alike so the colours may be slightly different than shown.
Gold Filled - is a thick layer of gold, usually 14K-18K mechanically bonded to either sterling silver or brass. It is usually 5-10x thicker than Gold Plate, making it more durable and will last a lifetime if taken care of. It is a great option for the look of real gold without the premium price.
Gold Plate - is a thin layer of gold that is bonded to base metal through the process of dipping the metal. Over time and wear, the plating will wear away leaving the exposed base metal.
Vermeil - the same idea as Gold Plate but using Sterling Silver as the base. You will pay more for vermeil than gold plated because of the metal they start with. This technique is good for jewelry that will not be worn everyday.
Sterling Silver - is a soft metal that contains 92.5% sterling silver and 7.5% of other metal (usually copper) to harden it. Sterling silver is a great metal for hand-stamping because it allows deep impressions when stamped. Sterling Silver is often noted as 925. **Sterling Silver can tarnish when left out in the open but is also easy to clean.
Base Metal - can be a variety of alloys such as copper, brass, aluminum, red brass, etc. On occasion we use some of these metals in our designs but never for earring posts.
How to Size Your Ring
How to Size Your Ring
To choose a chain length, follow the guidelines below. Sometimes our necklaces come with standard lengths and other times, we give you the option. If you would prefer other options, please contact us before ordering.
The best and most accurate way to get your ring size is to stop in to your local jewelry store and asked to be sized. Most will happily do this at no charge! We will gladly fit you in-store if you are in our area. These charts are guidelines only but will give you an idea.
How to Pick Your Font
How to Pick Your Font
How do you choose the perfect font style for the perfect piece of jewelry that reflects you? Well, there are a couple things to think about first...
- How big or small is the metal that will be stamped? I try and put as many dimensions as possible as well as how many characters will fit on each piece.
- What is your style? Fun, playful; then Among the Wildflowers is for you! If you love minimalist design and linear lines, maybe Uppercase or Small Uppercase are more your style.
- Names or words can also determine the best font. Names that have L, E, V, etc lend themselves to more minimal fonts. Letters like Y, J, A can be fun with a script or cursive font.
- I have been at this a long time and if I feel a certain font may look better on your order, I will reach out and have a discussion.
Great for words and names that have loopy letters or are feminine in nature. This is a larger font at 4mm and therefore will not fit on all of our pieces.
This font is 4.5mm and great for an Initial on a 9mm Disk, Mini Icon Necklace or Earrings. A crisp cut into the metal, allows the letters to stand out.
A fun lowercase script. I carry this one in 2mm as well as 3mm and can go on just about any disk or charm. Please keep in mind that the "r" is meant to connect with another letter, therefore is not great when stamping a name or word that begins with R.
The perfect font for small, crisp and easy to read words and names. All uppercase and 2.5mm
This is one of my original fonts and great for lowercase fonts. It is whimsical and legible. 3mm
Clean, crisp and minimal for those that don't love all the floof! You can't go wrong with this font no matter which piece of jewelry you are choosing. 3mm
This font is amazing and purchased it specially for a monogrammed initial look on our 5/8" Initial Disks. So fun! 6.5mm
- remove all jewelry before going swimming, showering or in a hot tub. It can have a chemical reaction if it comes in contact with other elements.
- when not wearing, store jewelry in a dry, dark place such as a ziplock back in a drawer. Do not leave it on a dresser or in the bathroom where it can tarnish from the moisture.
- add your jewelry last after getting ready and spraying hairspray, perfume, etc. This will reduce the amount of overspray you will get directly on your jewelry.
- clean frequently, using a Sunshine Cloth or our Jewelry dip.
We use simple tools and line up letters and designs "by eye". This creates a OOAK and artisan look...no two pieces will be the same and letters can often be slightly askew; only adding to its charm.