Those that accessorize with stethoscopes deserve a medal, especially in the midst of a world pandemic! These necklaces are a close second for those that do shift work, overtime, care for the sick, mend the weak and are the backbone of our healthcare system. We salute you!
- 3/4" round disk, hand stamped
- curb or box chain, choose your length and an extender if you need a longer length
- available in 14 KT Gold Filled, Rose Gold Filled and 925 Sterling Silver
**To have your designation hand-stamped on your necklace, please leave it itn the Notes below
Gold Filled - is a thick layer of gold, usually 14K-18K mechanically bonded to either sterling silver or brass. It is usually 5-10x thicker than Gold Plate, making it more durable and will last a lifetime if taken care of. It is a great option for the look of real gold without the premium price.
Gold Plate - is a thin layer of gold that is bonded to base metal through the process of dipping the metal. Over time and wear, the plating will wear away leaving the exposed base metal.
Vermeil - the same idea as Gold Plate but using Sterling Silver as the base. You will pay more for vermeil than gold plated because of the metal they start with. This technique is good for jewelry that will not be worn everyday.
Sterling Silver - is a soft metal that contains 92.5% sterling silver and 7.5% of other metal (usually copper) to harden it. Sterling silver is a great metal for hand-stamping because it allows deep impressions when stamped. Sterling Silver is often noted as 925. **Sterling Silver can tarnish when left out in the open but is also easy to clean.
Base Metal - can be a variety of alloys such as copper, brass, aluminum, red brass, etc. On occasion we use some of these metals in our designs but never for earring posts.
- remove all jewelry before going swimming, showering or in a hot tub. It can have a chemical reaction if it comes in contact with other elements.
- when not wearing, store jewelry in a dry, dark place such as a ziplock back in a drawer. Do not leave it on a dresser or in the bathroom where it can tarnish from the moisture.
- add your jewelry last after getting ready and spraying hairspray, perfume, etc. This will reduce the amount of overspray you will get directly on your jewelry.
- clean frequently, using a Sunshine Cloth or our Jewelry dip.
The photos on the website don’t do it justice. It’s even more beautiful! Very happy with Marnie’s quick response and quick shipping.