To my valued customers and friends:
It is with a sad heart and new excitement that I am announcing a huge change with Marni LuHu Designs, studio and boutique. As many of you that have been following me for years, know that this year I underwent Aortic Valve Replacement and was forced to take many months off to re-cooperate. Being away from the store and making jewelry gave me several months to reevaluate many things and this is what I have come up with:
- Without your health, you have nothing.
- Family comes above anything else and I loved spending time with my family while away from the store.
- I FREAKING LOVE making jewelry and being creative, using my hands and using the right side of my brain, making beautiful pieces that are a small part of someone else's journey in life.
- I am not always creative between 10-5:30. A work/life balance is super important and supports creativity.
- Change can be great!
With all of these in mind and most recently some other health issues within my family, I have made the decision to close Marni LuHu, studio & boutique and get back to my roots, focussing on making and selling my handmade jewelry. My plan is to move our business online only, where our global customers can find us and our local customers will still be able to shop as usual, just from the comfort of your own home.
When is this all going to happen, you ask? Saturday, December 29th will be the last day our storefront doors will be open...until then, it's business as usual!
Sometimes when your hand is forced to make a decision, it becomes very clear on what needs to be done. This is the case for me and here is what you can expect once we have transitioned completely to our online store:
- We will still have creative new jewelry designs and unique product lines that are exclusive to Marni LuHu.
- The same great customer service that you have come to receive for the last 6 years, with a personal and local feel.
- Local delivery of all online orders within Morden/Winkler areas.
- Unused gift certificates and store credits will still be honoured and available to be used online.
- Workshops and popup shops throughout the year, including local maker sales and events.
- Local VIP events and special online promotions
Words cannot even begin to tell you how grateful I am to have had the support of this community and area for almost 6 years! I hope that I will get a chance to thank you in person as you do your regular local Christmas shopping. Our store is still full and awaiting your arrival!
It is my hope that you will continue to follow and be part of this journey of Marni LuHu Designs and see where it takes us!